Re: high load & poor interactivity on fast thread creation

From: Ray Bryant (raybry@austin.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 09:47:49 EST

The IBM implementations of the Java language use native threads --
the result is that every time you do a Java thread creation, you
end up with a new cloned process. Now this should be pretty fast,
so I am surprised that it stalls like that. It is possible this
is a scheduler effect. Do you have a program example you can
share with us?

Also, it is a little old now (by Internet standards) but you
might take a look at this paper we did at the beginning of
the year:

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/library/java2/index.html

--

Best Regards,