Re: Fasttrak100 questions...

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 16:30:10 EST

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, James A Sutherland wrote:

> Nope. RMS defined the terms which apply to GPL code. You are free to define any
> other terms you like for your own code, but it is no longer GPLed in that case.

And the code for FASTTRAK is not GPL, James we did this once before.
If Promise were to promote and tell people to link the object to the
kernel every again, I will begin a law suit. Because the harm and damage
caused to the ATA subsystem is not repairable. The damages are not
limited.

Now I worked with Promise to get this all clean as a module that could be
updated as there kernel evolves. If all of you go and SCREW up the work I
did to try an allow a company that is not generally friendly to Linux as
far as IP and technology issues are related, then I will stop trying to
get them to expose the IP for the RAID signatures to export to the Linux
SOFT RAID.

THIS WILL ROYALLY SCREW EVERYBODY! HAHAHAHA.

Now do not go dorking things that I am trying to make make public.
This is really pissing me off!

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development