Re: Status of the NTFS driver in 2.4.0 kernels?

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 03:46:09 EST

It's not a real bug. - It's a call to BUG() in ntfs_get_block which is
there because the function is not actually implemented. - I have only ever
seen this happen when using midnight commander to browse through an NTFS
partition. - It seems to never happen if I am just in bash typing away or
ftp-ing into the machine with the mounted NTFS partitions.

When are you hitting this? - If you are using mc just refrain from using it
for now for ntfs filesystems and all will be fine.

Anton

At 08:33 28/11/2000, Tom Mraz wrote:
>I've tried to use the readonly NTFS driver in 2.4.0-test11 kernel, but it
>reported me a kernel BUG at fs.c:567. I've searched the archives where David
>Weinehall writes that the driver even in readonly mode doesn't support the
>Win2k NTFS. But I don't have Win2k NTFS (I have WinNT 4.0 SP 6) and the
>kernel still reports this bug :-(. The driver from 2.2.17 kernel seems to
>work fine. Could someone help me?
>
>Please Cc me, because I'm not subscribed to the kernel mailing list. (Or
>don't if you don't want to because I read the archives regularly. :-))
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tomas Mraz

      "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he
learned in school." - Albert Einstein
--
Anton Altaparmakov  Voice: +44-(0)1223-333541(lab) / +44-(0)7712-632205(mobile)
Christ's College    eMail: AntonA@bigfoot.com / aia21@cam.ac.uk