USB-Storage drivers

From: Kurt Garloff (kurt@garloff.de)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 16:16:23 EST

Hi Matthew, David, Linus,

any particular reason why the support for special dongles in the usb-storage
driver can not be selected during kernel configuration? (See attached patch).

I can only tell about the Freecom support in the usb-storage driver: It
works flawlessly for me driving some OnStream USB30 tape drive (with the
osst driver). So, I think it should be offered to people who want to try.

Of course, it's up to you. Maybe you want to put some ifdef CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL
around it or a little help text. But I'd definitely appreciate the
possibility to compile the drivers without patching the Config file.

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff                   <kurt@garloff.de>         [Eindhoven, NL]
Physics: Plasma simulations <k.garloff@phys.tue.nl>   [TU Eindhoven, NL]