Re: Universal debug macros.

From: Andrew E. Mileski (andrewm@netwinder.org)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 11:37:50 EST

Elmer Joandi wrote:

> Now if there would be simple _unified_ system for switching debug code
> on/off, it would be a real win. That recompilation-capable enduser would
> not need much knowledge to go "General Setup" or newly created
> "Optimization" section and switch debugging off/on for _all_ network
> drivers or ide drivers for example.

Reminds me ... <linux/kernel.h> has a "#if DEBUG" statement that blows
up if the debug code does something like "#define DEBUG(X...) printk(X...)".
I came across this recently (think I was debugging PCI code ... not sure).
Changing it to "#ifdef DEBUG" avoids problems.

--
Andrew E. Mileski - Software Engineer
Rebel.com  http://www.rebel.com/