Re: asm-ppc/elf.h error

From: Franz Sirl (Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 07:40:12 EST

At 22:07 24.11.00, David Riley wrote:
>In asm-ppc/elf.h, <asm/types.h> is not included. This breaks
>compilations of anything that compiles it (e.g. binutils) because the
>vector registers for Altivec aren't defined elsewhere. Included is a
>quick diff. I didn't know which PPC maintainer to send this to, so I
>posted it to the linuxppc-dev list.

(Looking at the correct patch)

Why do you need that? Your claim that binutils needs that is simply wrong,
I compiled CVS binutils without problems against bk 2.4.0-t11. In any case,
glibc-2.1.3 and glibc-2.2 have this stuff in sys/procfs.h, so you should
use that instead I guess. That's at least what gdb uses.

Franz.