Ext2 & Performances

From: Roberto Fichera (kernel@tekno-soft.it)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 11:58:58 EST

Hi All,

I need to know if there are some differences, in performances, between
a ext2 filesystem in a 10Gb partition and another that reside in a 130Gb,
each one have 4Kb block size.

I'm configuring a Compaq ML350 2x800PIII, 1Gb RAM, 5x36Gb UWS3 RAID 5
with Smart Array 4300, as database SQL server. So I need to chose between a
single
partition of 130Gb or multiple small partitions, depending by the performances.

Thanks.