Re: [BUG] Hard lockup using emu10k1-based sound card

From: Jonathan Corbet (corbet-lk@lwn.net)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 14:33:18 EST

Just as another data point, I, too, had trouble with lockups with the
emu10k1 (with the 2.4.0-test driver and ALSA both). I noticed that it was
sharing an interrupt with ACPI. As soon as I rebuilt the kernel with the
ACPI Interpreter option turned off, the problem went away.

It's not the first time I've gotten burned with the "turn on some option
because I might want to mess with it someday" approach to kernel
configuration...

jon