net mods installed under misc in 2.2.18-pre21

From: J . A . Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 05:52:50 EST

Hi everyone.

I have noticed that some kernel modules are installed under
/lib/modules/XXX/misc,
instead of /net. I have been checking the drivers/net/Makefile (little knowledge
of
kernel make infraestructure...), and MOD_LIST_NAME is set properly, but the only
content of modules/NET_MODULES is dummy.o.

There is no important issue, but that i build newer net drivers got from Scyld,
and
installed them under modules/XXX/net. But modprobe was still getting the old
ones,
because 'misc' is before 'net'...

Kernel is plain standard kernel 2.2.17 + 2.2.18-pre21-patch + VM-patch + i2c-lm
patch.

I will dig into the makefiles, but someone has a clue ? Perhaps this also
affects
other modules.

--
Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta                                 #> cd /pub
mailto:jamagallon@able.es                                     #> more beer