Re: Parport/IMM/Zip Oops Revisited -- Filesys problem? Viro pleaselook

From: James M (dart@windeath.2y.net)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 19:00:44 EST

Gert Wollny wrote:

> Actually i never tried to mount in my testings, just did "modprobe imm". I
> did not even load sd.o, which reads the size of the medium. Output after
> successfull modprobe:
> kernel: imm: Version 2.04 (for Linux 2.4.0)
> kernel: imm_connect 1
> kernel: imm: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use EPP 32 bit
> kernel: imm: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use PS/2
> kernel: imm: Communication established at 0x378 with ID 6 using PS/2
> kernel: device_check 0
> kernel: scsi1 : Iomega VPI2 (imm) interface
> kernel: scsi : 2 hosts.
> kernel: Vendor: IOMEGA Model: ZIP 250 Rev: J.45
> kernel: Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> Even without a disk this works (if parport_pc is preloaded).
>
> Anyway the disk in the drive was a 250MB vfat formatted one. But OTOH, the
> oops trace points to ext2.
>
> For completeness: With the disk "modprobe sd" gives

As you say, for completeness:

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP]
parport0: irq 7 detected
imm: Version 2.04 (for Linux 2.4.0)
imm: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use EPP 32 bit
imm: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use SPP
imm: Communication established at 0x378 with ID 6 using SPP
scsi0 : Iomega VPI2 (imm) interface
  Vendor: IOMEGA Model: ZIP 100 Rev: P.05
Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0
sda: Write Protect is off
 sda: sda4

As I noted in a previous posting to the list my Communication type is
misdetected as SPP when it really is EPP. The 101 MB size looks fishy
also as it usually reads 96 MB IIRC.