Re: Current doc for writing device drivers?

From: Jonathan Corbet (corbet-lk@lwn.net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 18:11:04 EST

> The Rubini book is being updated for 2.2 and 2.4, but I dunno when it
> will go to press.

We're working on it - honest!

The book will go out for technical review before too long; I believe the
current target date to have it on the shelves is April. We'd hoped for
sooner, but, given how 2.4 development has gone, I think the timing is
about right. After all, we wouldn't want to present the wrong prototype
for kmap() or miss out on the new inter-module communication API...:)

jon