Re: 2.4.0-test11pre2-ac1 and previous problem

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 05:44:59 EST

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:58:17 +0100,
Jasper Spaans <jasper@spaans.ds9a.nl> wrote:
>All right, here's another one, this time using the oops directly from the
>console -- this seems to give better symbols.. The 'console shuts up ...'
>works, the oops from the other CPU didn't get put out.

Ohhhh, damn! For NMI lockups we want the console to stay live so NMI
detection on the other cpus can be printed. NMI is normally caused by
spinlock problems and it is useful to know what the other cpus are
doing. Andrew, do you want to have a go at fixing this?

>Will try test11-pre3 + kdb this afternoon, if it compiles.

Patch kdb-v1.5-2.4.0-test11-pre3.gz should be OK.