Re: The IrDA patches !!! (was Re: [RANT] Linux-IrDA status)

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 07:04:47 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> said:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> >
> > I spent my full day going through my archives and splitting
> > the big patch of Dag into lots of small patches (see attached). I'm
> > glad I've got a big hard drive full of junk.
>
> When I say multiple mails, I mean multiple mails. NOT "26 attachements in
> one mail". In fact, not a single attachment at all, please. Send me
> patches as a regular text body, with the explanation at the top, and the
> patch just appended.
>
> Why?
>
> [Nice explanation snipped]

How about placing this (slightly edited, and with some other stuff thrown
in perhaps?) in a SUBMITTING-PATCHES file in the top of the kernel sources,
so nobody can overlook it?

--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Vin~a del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616