Re: Patch generation

From: Peter Samuelson (peter@cadcamlab.org)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 02:30:48 EST

[Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel@mandrakesoft.com>]
> i would recommend to use the orig.el[1] from frederic.lepied with
> Emacs, it save any files before editing with a particuliar prefix

I'll take a look, thanks.

> and you can generate the patch with the gendiff script (included with
> rpm).

I did not know about gendiff (as a Debian user I rarely use RPM).
Anyway I prefer my patch[2] as it's more flexible. gendiff doesn't let
you pass in other diff options (true, many are not useful in this
context but think about -d, -p, -b and -U).

Peter

[2] again, http://bugs.debian.org/64958