Re: [Fwd: sendmail fails to deliver mail with attachments in /var/spool/mqueue]

From: Claus Assmann (sendmail+ca@sendmail.org)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 18:12:32 EST

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> > > It ran out of memory. The file got sent fine after I got rid of
> > > all the memory-consumers. Looks like a sendmail bug where they
> > > expect to load a whole file into memory all at once before sending
> > > it. I always thought you could read from a file, then write to

As I wrote before: this is just wrong. sendmail doesn't
load the file into memory.

> > > a socket. Maybe I'm old fashioned.
>
> Sending a 50 MB file is OK here. So it's not a TCP/IP bug.

Ok, hopefully this reaches everyone who has been "involved"
by Jeff into this "problem".

It turned out that this was just a misconfiguration on his box
(the load average exceeded the limit of his sendmail).

Can we please close this case now? Thanks.