Re: pcmcia

From: FORT David (epopo@onetelnet.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 21:44:06 EST

David Ford wrote:

> You may be in the same boat I'm in then. i82365 is what I used and it worked.
> yenta doesn't. Right now I'm stuck with using my USB nic because neither the
> kernel's pcmcia or dh pcmcia work for me.
>
> -d
>
> Brett wrote:
>
> > Hey,

[....]

> > > "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
> > > eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was
> > > 'committed'."
> > >

> > -
>
> --
> "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
> eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was
> 'committed'."

I got the same problem for an old 486 with no PCI, as yenta_socket doesn't work, i
have to add CONFIG_I82365
in order to have things work. 'till this is set and recompiled, everything works
perfectly. The controller is a
VLSI 82C146.
I'm problably missing something, but these's two things i don't understand:
-why PCMCIA depends on PCI at compilation time
-why yenta is activated for i82365, as it doesn't do the job i82365 did.

--
% FORT David,                                                             %