Re: test10-pre7

From: Christoph Hellwig (hch@ns.caldera.de)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 18:32:57 EST

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10010301508360.1085-100000@penguin.transmeta.com> you wrote:

> We should just link it in the order specified:

> ld -r usbdrv.o $(obj-y)
>
> [...]
>
> Then we change the meaning of OX_OBJS, and instead of saying
>
> ALL_O = $(OX_OBJS) $(O_OBJS)
>
> we just say
>
> ALL_O = $(O_OBJS)
>
> and the meaning of $OX_OBJS is the _subset_ of object file that have
> SYMTAB objects.
>
> This should all work pretty much as-is, with som every simple
> modifications to existing old-style Makefiles,

It is simple - but a change in _every_ makefile is required.
And it is not really needed for old-style makefiles.

Would you accept a patch that makes the new-styles include
a separated Makefile library (e.g. $(TOPDIR)/Makefile.inc)
and leaves the old-style one as is (in hope of eleminating
them fast)?

        Christoph

--
Always remember that you are unique.  Just like everyone else.