POSIX message queue support in Linux kernel?

From: Craig Rodrigues (rodrigc@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 20:08:18 EST

Hi,

Does the Linux kernel support POSIX message queues as defined by
the Single Unix Specification, v2, ie.
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/mqueue.h.html

stuff like mq_open(), mq_send(), mq_close(), etc.

I've tried grepping the sources for 2.4.0, and could not find anything.

I noticed that RTLinux seems to support it, in a header file
called rtl_nfifo.h, in their distribution.

Are there any plans to introduce POSIX message queues in the base-line
Linux kernel?

Thanks.

--
Craig Rodrigues