Re: [Fwd: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:0f.0]

From: Remi Turk (remi@a2zis.com)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 17:27:25 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Attached below is a message I just sent to someone else who is having
> the same problem as you. Would it be possible for you to try the stuff
> I suggest in the message as well?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>
> Subject: Re: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:0f.0
> Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 15:38:49 -0400
> From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com>
> To: Burton Windle <burton@fint.org>
> CC: andre@linux-ide.org, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>,
> mj@ucw.cz
>
> Ok, the problem is that you have an interrupt router table for your Ali
> 1533, but no interrupt router entry for your IDE device. That's why
> pci_enable_device is failing.
>
> Would you mind testing two kernel patches for me? Both of these changes
> should be attempted separately in 2.4.0-test10-pre6, and -without-
> Andre's change.
>
> The first change attempts to build an interrupt router entry for you, if
> none is available. I am most interested if this works.
>
> The second change simply ignores any pci_enable_device error returns,
> and assumes that the IDE subsystem will pick up the pieces.
>
> Remember, do not apply both of these changes at the same time...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

The second patch (the one ignoring errors) doesn't seem to change
anything (except not giving the warning IIRC)
Also, dump_pirq and lspci -vv output didn't change.

The first says the following at boot:

PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xf0560, last bus=1
PCI: Using configuration type 1
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
Unknown bridge resource 0: assuming transparent
PCI: Using IRQ router ALI [10b9/1533] at 00:07.0
PCI: Found IRQ 14 for device 00:0f.0

dump_pirq output remains the same.
The lspci -vv output does change with the second patch:

 00:0f.0 IDE interface: Acer Laboratories Inc. M5229 (rev c1) (prog-if
fa)
         Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
         Latency: 2 min, 4 max, 32 set
- Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 0
+ Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 14
         Region 4: I/O ports at d000

More info on request.

--
Linux 2.4.0-test10-pre6-test1 #1 Sat Oct 28 23:04:32 CEST 2000