[Fwd: Bug in Linux VFAT filesystem: truncating file to greather size!]

From: Ivan Baldo (lubaldo@adinet.com.uy)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 18:43:46 EST

        Hello.
        I have sent this to the maintainer of the VFAT code some time ago and
it told me it doesn't have time.
        It seems there is a bug and this bug still persists in 2.2.17 and
2.4.0-test9 (test9 says there is a bug on file.c line 69 and sometimes
on line 79 I think, I think this is the file.c of VFAT which has code
for reporting that bug on those lines).
        Also note that there is a bug in kernel 2.4.0-test9 regarding to long
filenames on VFAT32 filesystems (it doesn't create them ok, test with
Scandisk or Norton Disk Doctor), you can easily check that.
        Sorry this is somewhat vague, but I don't have much free time right
now, yet I will try to answer your questions or try to help you as much
as I can, so don't doubt to email me (I am not on the mailing list!).
        I hope you can reproduce both of this bugs and fix them.
        Thank you very much guys!

        Here is the email I sent to the maintainer: