mkraid

From: Anil kumar (anils_r@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 12:56:16 EST

Hi,

 I have a problem with mkraid

 I am working on a Red hat Linux ver 7.0
 kernel version: 2.2.16
 No raid patch
 no raid tools

 when I run
 #mkraid /dev/md0

  when I check /proc/mdstat,I find md0 active
  with raid information.

  But when again I run
  #mkraid /dev/md0
  I get an message:
  handling MD device /dev/md0
  analyzing super-block
  disk 0:/dev/hde1,2109681kB,raid superblock at
         2109568KB
  /dev/hde1 appears to be already part of a raid
array-- use -f to force desctruction of the old
superblock
mkraid: aborted,see the syslog and /proc/mdstat for
         potential clues.

 I tried -f option, but no use.

I did a reboot and once again mkraid, but still
 I get the above messages.
 Please let me know where am I wrong , How can I
 do mkraid succesfully again?

 Expecting reply from you

with regards,
  Anil