Re: syslog() blocks on glibc 2.1.3 with kernel 2.2.x

From: Patrick J. LoPresti (patl@cag.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 10:21:52 EST

Igmar Palsenberg <maillist@chello.nl> writes:

> On 23 Oct 2000, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
>
> > Not true. The named on our loghost is authoritative for the reverse
> > mappings for all of the machines which can log there.
>
> Put the names of your machines in /etc/hosts on your logmachine.

This is not an option for us, unfortunately. Many of our IP addresses
are dynamically assigned, with the DNS tables dynamically updated.

Thank you for the patch to syslogd, though! Can you try to get your
"-x" option into the standard distributions of syslogd, or should I
work up a bug report / feature request for Red Hat myself?

 - Pat