Re: PCMCIA slot 1 invisible under 2.4.0-test10-pre3

From: Erik Mouw (J.A.K.Mouw@ITS.TUDelft.NL)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 16:28:54 EST

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 05:17:38PM -0400, kimoto@lightlink.com wrote:
> When I tried 2.4.0-test10-pre3 on my IBM Thinkpad 380XD (the 233 MHz
> flavor), PCMCIA slot #1 (the lower one) seemed to be dead: inserting and
> removing cards gave me no beeps and no log messages. Slot #0 (the upper
> one) behaved fine. It didn't matter whether I had one or two cards in.
>
> test10-pre2 seemed to have the same problem. test10-pre1 (and its
> predecessors) work fine.
>
> I have CONFIG_PCMCIA == CONFIG_CARDBUS == 'y' and (on the userspace side)
> pcmcia-cs 3.1.20.

I got the same with test10-pre3: slot #0 worked, slot #1 was dead.
I actualy forgot about it because rebooting solved the problem (the
machine got some extra RAM). My laptop is an Asus P6300 (PII/266, Intel
440 BX/ZX, TI PCI1131 cardbus bridge).

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl