2.4 foreign modules - proc_register() gone ?

From: Robert Redelmeier (redelm@ev1.net)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 08:57:36 EST

I'm in the process of migrating my foreign modules to 2.4,
and it now appears that proc_register() and proc_unregister()
are no longer exported from the kernel. Bug or feature?

I know that Linus reserves the right to change interfaces,
but I couldn't find any mention in the archives of deleting
this, presumably in favor of create_proc_entry(). Or maybe
we should just go back to using ioctl()? :)

-- Robert