Re: Sol 8 Sparc / Linux 2.2.17 TCP interoperability problems

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 23:01:12 EST

Chris Pascoe <chrisp@csee.uq.edu.au> said:
> Is anyone else experiencing an interoperability problem when running the
> nfs-utils 0.1.9.1 or 0.2 on an (unpatched) 2.2.16 or 2.2.17 kernel NFS
> Server, exporting to a Solaris 8 Sparc (patched with recommended patches
> as of 6/Sep/2000) client. (Am I the only one trying this config?) I had
> a brief look through the nfs and linux-kernel mailing archives and didn't
> come across anything mentioning this NFS combination (with the new
> nfs-utils, at least).

I'm having troubles exporting NFS to Solaris 2.6 on SPARC from
linux-2.2.18pre9 with nfs-utils from Red Hat 6.2 updates and also with
0.2. The Solaris complains NFS isn't registered; while the same kernel on a
i686 with up to date Red Hat 6.2 mounts fine (while "rpcinfo -u server nfs"
says it just isn't there ;-)

Some other funny stuf is happening, I'll try on monday without NFSv3 in
kernel, and mounting from the PC.

Be advised thay the NFS code in 2.2.17 and before is gone, 2.2.18pre9 has
the latest NFS code (which where Trond's patches up to then).

--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Vin~a del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616