Re: [patch *] VM deadlock fix

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 05:31:38 EST

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, James Lewis Nance wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 01:44:35PM -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:
>
> > I've found and fixed the deadlocks in the new VM. They turned out
> > to be single-cpu only bugs, which explains why they didn't crash my
> > SMP tesnt box ;)
>
> I applied the patches and ran my "build mozilla with mem=48M"
> test again. It still locks up like it did before. There is
> nothing in the logs. I applied your patch to test9-pre5. The
> machine is a single CPU K6, 128M ram (booted with mem=48M), 2
> IDE disks.

There was an inverted test in that patch, which is
fixed in the patch Ingo Molnar just mailed. Could
you try again with that thinko fixed?

(ahh, the joy of conferences, jetlags and other fun
stuff)

regards,

Rik

--
"What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
       -- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000

http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/