Re: [IDE]2.4.0test9-pre1, CD drive on hpt366 not detected correctlyand locking up when activated

From: FORT David (fort@irin.univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 18:36:49 EST

Andre Hedrick wrote:

> The ATAPI-DMA code for the use of all addon cards is not native.
> You are not allowed to do ATAPI-DMA on these, yet.
> I do not care what the OEM claims with their drivers, Linux chipset code
> is not completed or started to do this in 95 % of the cases.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, FORT David wrote:
>
> > The subject says everything, while detecting the drive
> >
> > i got the following strange thing:
> >
> > [from dmesg]
> >
> > >PIIX4: chipset revision 1
> ........... bla bla bla

Yap, I've already tried with DMA disabled and the drive works perfectly. Is it to say
that
ide2 and ide3 don't have yet DMA support, even for Harddrives ?

--
%--IRIN->-Institut-de-Recherche-en-Informatique-de-Nantes-----------------%
% FORT David,                                                             %