2.4.0-test9-pre4 freezes and 2.4.0-test6 crashes

From: Giampaolo Gallo (gp@iws.it)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 03:15:36 EST

Hi,

I removed some messages from my netscape communicator 4.75
Inbox (25Mb), then I "Compacted all folders". The machine
froze rock solid.
After a reboot I tried to open (using netscape) the temporary
netscape mailbox (Inbox.<pid>.0) the crash left in nsmail/.
The system froze again. Today, before switching back to
test9-pre1, I had another (mail-related ?, this
time I was using pine) crash.

My machine is a dell inspiron7000 laptop with 192Mb ram.

BTW. I am using 2.4.0-test6 on a 4 way dell server. It runs
well most of the time. However sometimes (the first time
after 14 days of uptime, then after a week and finally after 4 days)
it simply hangs.
The screen is black. No diagnostic messages anywhere.
SysRq does not work. The only solution is to cycle-power.

= Who is crazy, the world because it sees itself as it is, or I, =
= because I see how it could be? - Don Quixote =