remap_page_range, frame buffer, MIPS - mmap problem

From: Mark Lehrer (mark@knm.org)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 20:38:49 EST

Hello.

I am trying to mmap a frame buffer device (which I wrote) and it
doesn't seem to work. I verified the address - it appears OK.
However, whatever I write out to the address from my userland program,
the bits appear to go into the bit bucket.

I am trying to figure out remap_page_range; what is the value of
pgprot_t supposed to be? It appears to be set to:

_PAGE_PRESENT | _PAGE_READ | _PAGE_WRITE | _CACHE_UNCACHED

(printed value, 0x407).

Any idea why this wouldn't work? I am not too familiar with MIPS
so I don't know what a reasonable value should be for pgprot_t.

Thanks,
Mark