Re: Oops with K6-2 350, but not with other CPUs.

From: Daniel Grimwood (reaper@crystal.uwa.edu.au)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 20:10:30 EST

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Do you have the chance to borrow another of those K6-2s, possibly faster
> ones (if your board supports those)? Is the case in a proper state (has
> never been dropped, all perpendicular and so on)?

A K6-2 500 has become available for me to try, won't be able to test it
until Thursday night, but will definitely do that.

> I finally found out that the PCI cards were not seated properly, so I
> unmounted everything, straightened the case, and fitted everything back
> in - never had any further difficulties since then.

I reseated all the cards a few times during my initial testing, no
difference. Also, when I tried the Cyrix CPUs, the only things that got
changed were the CPU and jumper settings, and it all worked fine. The
case and components have never been dropped or damaged.

> Is there any third-party Kernel module involved?

No.

> ... I'm not a native speaker ...

Your english is great. :)

Thanks for the suggestions,