Re: /proc/sys/vm/freepages not writable.

From: Bernd Eckenfels (ecki@lina.inka.de)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 20:21:17 EST

In article <200009171944.OAA01239@utrek.dhs.org> you wrote:
> How about taking a decaying average (loadavg style) of the peak allocation-free

why? I think it is not a bad thing if you have some kind of setting like
"irq heavy system" <-> "applicaion heavy system" even in NT you hve this
slider. The current problem we have with linux that it is hard to tune cause
the parameters are bad documented because theay change so often does not
mean that parameter tuning is a bad thing in itself.

I am used to increase freepages on my routers and i know that this is robust
and i know that i am right with it.. and now average will kill of my atomic
buffers while updatedb is running on those servers.

Greetings
Bernd