Re: cPCI development

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 09:26:53 EST

Justin.Skists@aculab.com writes:
> I'm about to embark on some compact-PCI driver development for Linux and I
> was wondering where I can find some info. Is there any difference between
> PCI and cPCI development on Linux?
>
> URLs would be great! Or, if this is the wrong list for driver development
> issues, a pointer to the correct mailing list would be lovely.

I believe that cPCI is the same as normal PCI from the software point of view.
However, cPCI has different connectors.

I'm currently working on an ARM development board which can be used either
as a ATX motherboard with PCI slots, or plugged into a cPCI backplane, and
the only thing between the two is a standard DEC PCI to PCI bridge.

Disclaimer: I haven't done any in-depth investigations yet, so I could be
talking complete and utter nonsense here.
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\