Re: Attempting to mount Zip causes floppy access (2.2.16)

From: Nick Holloway (Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 02:16:16 EST

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 10:23:13PM +0200, Andries Brouwer wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 11:35:24AM +0100, Nick Holloway wrote:
> > There are two questions. Firstly, why did the mount process get stuck
> > in the kernel, and secondly (and more importantly) what was it doing
> > accessing "/dev/fd0"?
>
> Does that follow? Maybe the floppy I/O error occurred at some other
> time, or for some other reason. Can you reproduce access of device 02:00
> using mount /dev/sda4?

The floppy I/O error occurred 13 seconds after the partition table was
printed (I'd removed the timestamps to make the messages easier to read),
and the machine wasn't doing anything else -- that is why I believe the
floppy access was triggered by attempting to mount the zip.

However, I have just tried to reproduce it, and I just get the hang in
wait_on_buffer, and not the floppy access.

--
 `O O'  | Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk
// ^ \\ | http://www.pyrites.org.uk/