Re: Linux-2.4.0-test9-pre2

From: Mark Orr (markorr@intersurf.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 22:34:27 EST

Has anyone else tried 240-test9-pre2 on low-memory systems?

I compiled 240t9p2, bzlilo'ed it, and rebooted. During
boot it tripped up on e2fsck -- it was at maximum mount count
and it stopped during the check.

Once I got past the check, and was able to get it to a prompt.
I tried to compile the kernel modules. Once again, it stopped
during the compile of the first file (either loop.c or floppy.c).

By "stopped", I mean the _program_ acted as though it had hung.
The system didnt hang, I was able to ctrl-c out of it, and there
was no oops or panic. It doesnt seem to be able to run any
substantial program w/o stopping.

Previous kernel was 240-test8, no problems there.

Sys: pentium 100, 16Mb RAM + 17 Mb swap

--
Mark Orr
markorr@intersurf.com