Re: RAID HW Questions...

From: Ricky Beam (jfbeam@bluetopia.net)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 16:12:35 EST

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
>They do. The i2o headers can only be distributed by someone who is an
>i2o sig member.

Ah, here's the magic clause:

+ * This information is provided for the purpose of recompilation of the
+ * driver code provided by Distributed Processing Technology only. It is
+ * NOT to be used for any other purpose.
+ *
+ * To develop other products based upon I2O definitions, it is necessary to
+ * become a "Registered Developer" of the I2O SIG. This can be done by calling
+ * 415-750-8352 in the US, or via http://www.i2osig.org.

(and only i2odep.h has that clause. And it's a 1998 I2O version. Version
1.5.1 of the header files changed the "disclaimer" (read: license))

--Ricky