Re: Ethernet Driver for Built in Network Card

From: David Ford (david@kalifornia.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 01:00:51 EST

Craig Whitmore wrote:

> Does anyone know what driver will work with the ethernet card in a New
> Intel motherboard /proc/pci says its ..
> PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_82865
> 0x1227PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL 0x8086 But I can't find any
> drivers for this device :-( Its a 820 Motherboard I think.
> ThanksCraig Whitmore

A quick search for "intel i820 network" on google.com yields toms
hardware site which lists the onboard card as a Netgear FA310TX. Use
the tulip.

As another note, the 8086 ID you provided is also listed in the
tulip/tulip_core.c file.

Use the source Luke :)

-d

--
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was