Re: [BUG] That bloody /usr/local busy back again

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 21:45:14 EST

I'm seeing something very similar to this on test8 with my root partition.
umount reports device is busy at shutdown. This is an IDE device.

I'm using a x86 system based on RH6.2 with a few upgrades (modutils, etc).

Matt

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 01:17:11PM -1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> I haven't had time to test it thoroughly, but I've noticed from about
> test8-preX onwards (latest tested test8) that on shutdown, my /usr/local
> (/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part6, ReiserFS), is always "busy" - the
> last thing I see in shutdown -r now is:
> "Unmounting filesystems...
> /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part6 busy, mounting read-only
> Rebooting system..."
> (may not be absolute verbatim, but pretty close).
>
> I'm using the latest update of Debian 2.3 (Woody). I remember this problem
> sprung up a while ago. *shrug*
>
> :) d
>
> --
> Daniel Stone
> Kernel Hacker (or at least has aspirations to be)
> daniel@dustpuppy.ods.org
> http://dustpuppy.ods.org

> -

Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

Hey Chief. We've figured out how to save the technical department. We need to be committed. -- The Techs User Friendly, 1/22/1998