sb.o in 2.4.0test8

From: Alex Deucher (adeucher@UU.NET)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 09:13:20 EST

Is support for the soundblaster 16 broken in 2.4.0test7/8. Whether I
compile sb support into the kernel or as a module, it always fails to
load. I have a non-pnp genuine soundblaster 16. The module always
fails to load saying that I specified the wrong io/irq/etc. The
parameters are correct though. The module loads fine with 2.3.99preX
kernels and 2.2 kernels. Has there been a change to the 2.4 kernels
that requires some special configuration for sound, or a change to the
modules.conf? If I compile sb support into the kernel and specify the
parameters to the kernel it also fails to detect the card.

I'm using modutils 2.3.16. I updated from 2.3.15 because 2.3.15 had
trouble finding the dependencies for usb modules. everything else works
fine.

Any thoughts?

Alex

Please send responses to me directly as I'm not subscribed to this
group. Thanks.