Re: Proposal: Linux Kernel Patch Management System

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 04:41:27 EST

Mitchell Blank Jr writes:
> If they're able to create a patch, hopefully they'd be able to fill in
> a simple email template (and I've seen some pretty dim folks manage to
> register domains with InterNIC, so email templates aren't that hard :-)
>
> We could even have a simple web page where you check a few boxes and
> fill in "URL to patch" and hit submit.

You reckon? Its hard enough with mailing lists - I've seen people send
email subscription requests to majordomo@list to subscribe to a mailman
list, along with sending subscription requests to the mailing list address
etc. What makes you think that if humanity can't handle mailing lists
that humanity will handle an email template or a simple web page?
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\