[BUG] 2.2.17 final crashes

From: root (root@hapablap.dyn.dhs.org)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 16:35:11 EST

Twice now I have experienced this crash, but I do not know how to
replicate it. The system was under normal load (netscape, xmms, and few
other minor programs) First, xmms stopped playing. Then, the screen
went black and the system speaker began beeping feverously. I reached
to hit the reboot button on my case, when it rebooted itself. I have no
watchdog support compiled in. My system is a:
500MHz AMD-K6/2
64MB RAM
M599LMR PCChips Motherboard

The kernel I'm running is 2.2.17 w/ ext3 patch. Config availible upon
request.