Re: PATCH: ide-scsi.c to allow claiming of Onstream drives

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 18:53:54 EST

> The second patch that Matt refers to inserts that logic into st so
> it does not try to support these drives and fails due to the drive
> particulars. Since SCSI, USB and IDE versions of these drives exist,
> patching st is more appropriate than ide-scsi.

Okay I am a mushroom, keep feeding me crap and I will stay in the dark. ;-)

If this is the case go for it! I just hadn not heard anything from Jack
Bombeeck but regardless, if it is covered and it will detect the
differenct in headers and reject as neede, cool.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy