Centralising the duplicated do_profile functions

From: Graham Stoney (greyham@research.canon.com.au)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 00:36:12 EST

Hi gang,

I'd like to submit a patch to Alan which removes the duplication of identical
'do_profile' functions in the 2.2 kernel, and adds the missing call to make
kernel profiling work on the PPC architecture. Once 2.2 is done, I'll look at
2.4, which currently suffers the same problem, only with more architectures
and hence more duplication :-(.

Could some of you who are still working with the 2.2 kernel please try out the
patch, and verify that kernel profiling (i.e. readprofile) still works for you:
    http://members.nbci.com/greyhams/linux/patches/2.2/profile.patch

Please let me know what architecture you're working on.

Thanks,
Graham

--
Graham Stoney