Re: Linux 2.2.18pre4

From: Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.cs.columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 22:25:02 EST

In article <cs.lists.linux-kernel/8pmnfc$6p1$1@unet.urbanet.ch> you wrote:

> Think Alan has made that clear. The way I read things the nfsv2 stuff needs
> to be split out, into sets of small independent patches. This lets Alan
> audit and control any bad patches easily. The nfsv3 changes should not
> effect anything unless they are selected in the kernel build.
>
> Comments?

Are you volunteering to do it? No? I thought so.

Personally, I'd rather let Trond spend his precious little spare time on
useful things like improving the code and fixing whatever problems are
left, then have him waste it on such a useless thing. If this means we
have to keep patching each 2.2 release in order to get usable NFS,
so be it.

And, just to make things clear: Alan has *never* said what you imply.
It was Jeff Garzik's suggestion.

Ion

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.