Re: Linux 2.2.18pre4

From: Paul Jakma (paulj@itg.ie)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 11:39:59 EST

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> They exist in the same way. You update stuff in controlled careful
> steps and you change troublesome drivers very early in a patch
> release - eg never touching tulip except early on

true. as i said before i'm glad we have such a 'tight' stable kernel
maintainer. :)

the problem is, NFS updates /never/ make it in - well once, but even
then not the complete NFSv2 update.

as for tulip, i know what you mean. however, i think in this case
you'd be very hard pressed to find anyone for whom the patches are
anything but a vast improvement.

anyway... i've gone hoarse now. better stop. :)

regards,

Paul Jakma