Re: Signal handling different for root and others

From: jury gerold (gjury@grips.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 08:09:40 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:

> > > That's very unlikely. TCP does not propagate gid/uid information over sockets,
> > > not even over localhost.
> >
> > However if something is looking at current-> and the test is on localhost
> > then it starts to become quite believable
>
> The SIGIO is on the receiving side, not on the sending. current is always
> the same.
>
> -Andi

I know, the description was not very clear.
But the attached program is very easy to compile and start.
I tried to extract only what's necessary from the involved code.
There are no hidden trojans inside, i promise.

My kernel is 2.2.17 with ext3 patches from Steven and the tnt drivers from NVIDIA.
I hope this patches do not affect the tests but if you have any suggestions
i will remove what's necessary to make the tests more believable.
On 2.4.0-testX i will do the tests at home in the evening.

Gerold