Re: [ANNOUNCE] Darkstar Development Project

From: James Lewis Nance (jlnance@intrex.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 18:44:52 EST

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 03:45:18PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:

> the 120MB for the checked out files and some mem for inodes. But the
> difference in price is reasonable and if we have to buy memory for the
> kernel developers, we'll do it once we can afford to do it. It's _really_
> nice to measure your operations in seconds rather than minutes.

Larry,
    It would be interesting to see the speed difference between bk and cvs
for the mozilla sources. Doing a cvs update takes at least 10 minutes even
if no files have changed. It took significantly longer when I was using
a modem instead of a DSL line. You haven't benchmarked this case have you?

Thanks,

Jim