Re: Linux 2.2.18pre4

From: Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 22:05:29 EST

Alan Cox writes:
> [somebody]

>> <sigh..> Alan, are the NFS client/server patches EVER going to
>> make it into the base kernel? Inquiring minds want to know..
>
> I still hope so but there is a maximum sane rate of change and
> its important to change stuff piece by piece. 2.2.18pre4 isnt
> the right place to change NFS

Over on the freebsd-questions mailing list you can see desperate
people trying to convert Linux systems over to that other OS to
escape Linux 2.2.xx NFS. This is kind of serious, you know?

I'm doing my part to save these lost souls... anybody else up
for last-chance emergency tech support? (scan for subjects like
"can freebsd understand ext2?", then help the person solve
their Linux problems at nfs.sourceforge.net or wherever)