Any takers for another kind of development tool?

From: Jamie Lokier (lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 10:20:30 EST

Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> A source control system so that curious people could do the equivalent of
> "cvs annotate" and figure out who wrote particular pieces?

Note convinced about "cvs annotate". Maybe annotation with version
numbers. But "cvs diff" and "cvs update" are very useful.

You know, there's nothing to stop somebody making a read-only CVS server
where the version tree mirrors the patches on ftp.kernel.org. Nobody
needs write access -- except the script which does the mirroring.

I would certainly find "cvs update" very useful for keeping up to date
and being sure I really _am_ using the correct source files. I'd find
"cvs diff" very useful for submitting patches against the latest
release, or indeed against older releases as preferred.

-- Jamie