cpqarray, Smart-2 DH controller, and moving large files

From: Chris Hofmann (hofmang@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 18:01:02 EST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Is there anybody on LKML who is maintaining the cpqarray driver in the 2.4
series of kernels? If there is, I suspect that I am having problems related to
this driver. It is hard to tell what the first bout of OOPSen are, as they
scroll by with lightning speed, but I can make the kernel panic every time that
I take a file that is around 30-50MB and untar it. It gets so far and then the
messages fly. If I try (I don't know why I try, it has not worked yet) to
ALT-SysRq-U or S, I get nothing. I can reboot, however. As it only happens
when there is significant I/O on the array controller, I am looking there,
first. Whatever information I can give, I will be happy to supply, please let
me know of any theories that may help. Thanks in advance.

--
Glenn C. Hofmann
ghofmann@pair.com