Reversing klogd's EIP Resolution.

From: Ralph Corderoy (ralph@inputplus.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 13:20:15 EST

Hi,

We've a machine that has been suffering Oops over the last few days
after weeks of stability. I'll post more on that later. My current
problem is a bunch of Oops that klogd has resolved the addresses on.
Problem is, I've just worked out the machine has /boot/System.map as
the wrong map.

Given

    01:52:30 EIP: 0010:[dput+77/328]

I believe I should be able to look up dput in the System.map klogd is
using, add on the offset, and then look that number up in the real
System.map. Is this doable?

If so, can someone please explain what the `+77/328' indicates above
and what number that means I should add onto the 0xc0130b14 value dput
has in the wrong map. My background is ARM and PowerPC architectures,
where as this is x86.

Thanks,

Ralph.